South Pole Group’s climate specialists provide advice to corporations, governments, development banks and cities on the design, implementation and monitoring of policies, programmes, projects and green financing solutions, as well as the use of existing and upcoming market-based instruments, to tackle the challenge of climate change mitigation.
To support the growth of our global business we are currently looking for a professional to join the team.
The role focuses on the effective implementation of of high quality consultancy mandates to prestigious public sector clients.
As a Forestry and Land Use specialist you will lead the planning, coordination and management of consultancy assignments related to climate change and forestry among other topics.
You will coordinate international and interdisciplinary project teams of internal and external experts, as well as to be responsible for the deliverables of the consulting assignments.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Plan, coordinate and manage projects and consultancy mandates related to climate change, forestry, agriculture, land use, supply chain sustainability and natural resources management
- Deliver high-quality consultancy reports to clients in English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Lead assignment-specific teams composed of both internal and external experts and organisations
- Liaise with clients on a project basis to meet their needs and exceed their expectations
- Ensure that the quality of the work and deadlines required by the client are met
- Support the acquisition of new mandates through the preparation and submission of high quality proposals
- Ideally a Master’s degree in Forestry, Natural Resource Economics, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Environmental Management or related disciplines
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in high quality consultancy for the public sector as well as for corporate clients in the fields of forestry, agriculture, land use, REDD+ and climate change policies and finance
- Experience in managing small teams, ideally within an international and multicultural context
- Diligent, reliable and independent approach to work and ability to act as a team leader in a multicultural environment
- Experience in managing, coaching and effectively supporting field staff located in isolated areas of indonesia is an asset
- Field work experience and experience in community development or participatory processes in Indonesia is a plus
- Experience with environmental and social safeguards as well as gender is a strong advantage
- Extensive coordination, planning and project management skills
- Proposal/report writing and presentation skills
- Strong network with government, NGOs and donors in relevant fields in Indonesia
- Excellent oral and written command of both English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Advanced skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent team spirit
- Be part of a growing and multicultural company with a real purpose
- Work autonomously as well as within a large and international team of experts
- Attractive remuneration package and career development potential as part of our Consultancy and Services team