Sustainable Natural Rubber Platform
Members of the natural rubber supply chain and civil society are forming a Sustainable Natural Rubber Platform to address the growing issues arising around the natural rubber supply chain. The formation of the platform is being led by the Tire Industry Project (TIP), a proactive organisation made up of 11 leading tire companies and operating under the umbrella of the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD). TIP is forming the platform in collaboration with other members of the value chain, including natural rubber producers and car makers, and members of civil society, including environmental and social non-governmental organisations. BCSD Singapore, an independent affiliate of WBCSD, was identified as a host organization for the start-up phase of the platform.
Building on existing efforts, the intent of the platform is to serve as a forum to address sustainability issues around the production of natural rubber and develop standards and processes to bring sustainable natural rubber closer to reality. Issues raised in the context of natural rubber production are similar to those of other agricultural commodities (palm, coffee, cocoa) and include, but are not limited to, deforestation, labor practices, and land rights.
BCSD Singapore seeks to appoint a full-time director, based in BCSD Singapore’s office in Singapore, to lead the execution of this exciting project. WBCSD is facilitating the recruitment process through its application platform but the hiring organization will be BCSD Singapore.
The platform Director would be responsible for assisting in the formation of the platform – including business-planning activities and member recruitment - and, once launched, the daily administrative and operational aspects of the platform, including acting as a liaison among members.
Main tasks will include:
- During formation of the platform, assisting TIP in recruiting members, with a focus on maintaining records of member qualification materials; assisting BCSD Singapore and TIP in logistics around the launch of the platform, including communications and securing meeting locations and logistics.
- Achieving administrative tasks, including devising and maintaining a budget for the platform.
- Assisting platform in administration of the platform’s governance, including compliance with the platform’s governing Statutes and applicable legal requirements.
- Challenging platform members to achieve overall and specific objectives on time and within budget.
- Facilitating platform meetings and decision-making by leading meaning discussion in order to achieve consensus to the extent possible.
- Managing internal and external communications.
- Manage all resources (finances, personnel, etc) involved with platform and its members in a timely manner.
- Tracking activities among the platform’s bodies to ensure information is appropriately shared across relevant member categories.
Required Competencies include:
- University level science, legal, or business degree; Advanced Degree preferred; Project Management Professional (PMP) certification also preferred.
- Successful delivery of one or more programs to completion. Knowledge of sustainability issues related to agricultural-commodity procurement and/or natural rubber is preferred.
- Highly motivated, manages vision and mission, possesses political savvy, managerial courage, business acumen and strategic agility.
- Knowledge of, and appreciation for, the application of anti-trust laws is preferred. Ability to manage information and communications between and among suppliers, customers, and/or competitors within a market so as to maintain anti-trust compliance and ensure that sensitive information is not inadvertently disclosed.
- Ability to manage a portfolio of projects with project management discipline and attention to all key areas including but not limited to stakeholder, scope, costs, and time management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, coms tools (e.g social media platforms) and various scheduling tools.
- Fluency in English, other languages a plus (Indonesian, Thai, Mandarin, French)
- Employment pass, permanent residence or Singapore citizenship preferred.
This is a full-time position based in Singapore.
Some limited travel required.