Eco-Business is Asia Pacific’s leading independent media organisation dedicated to reporting on sustainable development and responsible business in the region.
Our online marketing tools deliver local and international brand building, lead generation, and sophisticated thought leader positioning for our clients. These include sponsored content, banner advertising, EDMs, annual site partnerships, event coverage, e-newsletters, social media campaigns, video marketing, and custom publishing.
We offer research and consulting services that help businesses gain a deeper understanding of their markets and the issues most relevant to them. We also provide content consultancy and organise bespoke high-level events for our clients. These events enable progressive and open dialogue on targeted issues and give our clients vital personal contact with key industry stakeholders, enabling them to build influence and generate business.
We’re looking for a dynamic, target-driven and experienced B2B business development professional to join our team in this media sales role to help drive sales and corporate partnerships for the company.
You will be selling our full range of products and services, including online marketing channels, multimedia content, bespoke events, research and consultancy and overseeing our new and existing partnerships with MNCs, government agencies and companies around the world.
The role will include taking over many existing client accounts - and making sure we maintain our company’s superb client retention record - as well as developing new business.
As this is a key role with the company you must have a strong history of success in media sales, a passion for online media, and a keen interest in and understanding of sustainable development and how it relates to the business world.
- Proven sales track record for a media organisation
- Production of high quality sales proposals
- Client account management & development (‘farming’)
- Managing business development campaigns (‘hunting’)
- Fast, accurate use of Microsoft Dynamics system for sales administration
- Proven ability to consistently hit sales targets
- Proven record of successfully delivering sales campaigns
The following experience and talents would be useful:
- Selling content marketing solutions
- Creating and delivering online marketing solutions such as EDMs
- Inbound marketing
- Production of company marketing collaterals, for example, media kits
- Asian languages other than English
- Previous sales director or BDD experience
- Events experience (workshops/roundtables/conferences/etc)
- Selling and/or managing research projects
- Have a degree
- Have an excellent command of the English language (written and spoken)
- Be extremely meticulous and able to spot the smallest of errors
- Be creative and resourceful
- Able to multi-task and cope with tight deadlines
- Be sociable and a team player
- Have a keen interest in business, sustainability and development issues.
- Be a quick learner, self starter, well organised and able to work at a fast pace.
- Have a relaxed phone manner, solid PC/CRM & internet skills, and a sharp eye for detail.
Some travel may be required occasionally. Knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop and HTML would be useful.
All shortlisted applicants will be required to do a writing test before any interviews. This role is for Singaporeans and Permanent Residents residing in Singapore only.
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter to Jessica Cheam, Managing Editor, at email@example.com.