CDP has an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated and highly driven individual to lead our newly established, growing Hong Kong team.
As part of a fast paced global team you will have full responsibility for managing the development and continued growth of our Asia Pacific region, both the business operations and administration.
You will lead the team and head up all our work in this region which offers you the ability to create a reputation as an expert and a business leader in your field.
Leads CDP’s operations in Hong Kong, South East Asia, Australia and New Zealand, growing impact and income in the region.
Contributes to the co-creation of global strategies and plans with responsibility for local implementation.
Manages the Hong Kong office’s resources and budgets and is the ambassador for the region in CDP.
- Fiduciary responsibility for the region covering Hong Kong, South East Asia, Australia & New Zealand.
- Leads, manages and develops the Hong Kong office team and office.
- Participates in the development of thematic strategies and stakeholder programme plans.
- Leads on implementation through the development of local project plans. Co-sign-off of local project plans with relevant Stakeholder director.
- Works closely with other country and regional offices to share best practices.
- Line manages and is accountable for performance of:
- Manager, Hong Kong
- Cities Lead, Asia Pacific
- Leads fundraising and high-level outreach efforts to meet Hong Kong office budget targets in support of and integration with Global budget targets.
- Maintains, develops and leverages relationships with key strategic partners in the region (across all stakeholders) at senior levels in line with organisational and thematic strategies.
- Lead representative for CDP at external events, including delivering speeches and participating in panel discussions in the region.
- Lead media spokesperson with media and communications firms to enhance and expand CDP’s brand and reputation with existing and new audiences in the region.
- Generates new projects as agreed with thematic and stakeholder boards, and maintains CDP Hong Kong at the cutting edge of emerging policies and other pertinent developments
- Ensures CDP Hong Kong plays its role in the global CDP network effectively in line with the global organisational strategy, providing advice on the regional context.
- The precise description and nature of your role may be varied from time to time and you may be required to carry out other duties as necessary.
Skills and experience required:
- Experience of managing, or exposure/understanding of the legislative requirements of running a regional entity
- Min 5 years’ experience managing a growing regional team
- Experience of working in NGOs and commercial organisations
- Proven track record of delivering on business targets
- Experience in developing budgets and operational plans
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proven track record of developing strong client/stakeholder relationships with commercial and government organisations
- Degree qualification
- Experience of working in a global organisation (an advantage)
- Language skills (an advantage)
The successful candidate will work 5 days per week and must be able to work legally in Hong Kong.
Interested candidates should send a copy of their resume along with a cover email outlining their suitability for the role to email@example.com with “Director, Hong Kong, First Name, Last Name” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with a final deadline of 15th May, 2018.
If you do not hear from us within 14 days of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please note that we only provide feedback to shortlisted candidates.