- Prestigious international solar company
- Attractive compensation
- Major growth forecast
We are assisting one of the largest solar companies in the world to recruit a highly committed and energetic Director of Business Development who will originate, assess and close utility-scale Solar PV project opportunities in Australia. A driven leader who has excelled as a hunter, successfully originated and executed solar PV projects, and has a deep understanding around off-take structures and maximizing returns.
The successful candidate will be very well connected among local solar developers and must have extensive knowledge and skills in project origination and development, including structuring offtake agreements. The ability to quickly identify immediate and valid opportunities, make sound decisions in short time-frames and have good stakeholder management and communication skills are essential. You must have a good technical and development background from project origination to financial closing. Knowledge in trading of electricity, offtake agreement structuring, and bidding strategies will be highly regarded.
- Permanent Resident visa or Australian citizenship.
- 5-10 years track record in closing deals in the energy, utility and C&I; space in Australia.
- Bachelor’s in Engineering or Business Administration minimum, with Master’s degree or MBA preferred.
- Relationships and sound understanding of the processes (project origination, development, financing, EPC, and operation).
- Extensive knowledge of the broader energy ecosystem, influencers and stakeholders, utility rate and PPA structures.
- Ability to travel up to 50% or more of the time.
A competitive salary plus fully comprehensive benefits and performance bonus will be offered to the successful candidate. For the opportunity to join a global leader with ambitions to capture significant market share in Australia, please call Damian Penston in Sydney on 02 8243 0500 or submit your resume in MS Word (not PDF) quoting #33902.