Eco-Business is looking for a seasoned journalist/editor to join the editorial team at its office based at Fusionopolis, One North, Singapore.
Specifically, we are looking for:
Deputy Editor (full-time)
Candidates must have at least five years’ journalism experience in a print newsroom and be highly trained in news writing and copy-editing.
Duties of this role include:
- Writing news, features and commentaries
- Editing news, features and commentaries
- Ability to do research, curate and source information and images for content production
- Ability to manage infographics production
- Assisting the editor in daily editorial tasks and managing the editorial team
- Commissioning stories and liaising with external freelance writers
- Executing content-related projects and events
- Able to build relationships with clients and partners
Some travel may be required occasionally. He/she should also have a keen eye for design; knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop and HTML would be useful.
- Have a degree, preferrably in the fields of English, Literature or Communication Studies
- Have an excellent command of the English language
- Be extremely meticulous and able to spot the smallest of errors
- Be creative and resourceful
- Able to multi-task and cope with tight deadlines
- Be sociable and a team player
- Have a keen interest in business, sustainability and development issues.
Please send a covering letter, CV, and samples of your work to Jessica Cheam, Editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org
All shortlisted applicants will be required to do a writing and copy-editing test.
Why this is a green job
Eco-Business is Asia Pacific’s leading publication on cleantech, smart cities, responsible business and sustainable development. Our platforms include the award-winning Eco-Business.com news website which attracts up to 250,000 monthly visitors, and a weekly newsletter that’s emailed to 77,000 subscribers.