IIX brings +8 years of experience in building the impact investment ecosystem with a mission to impact 400 million lives by connecting the backstreet to the Wallstreet. IIX has a thematic focus on women empowerment, climate action and community resilience. To date, IIX has mobilized US$75 million in impact investment capital for +35 Impact Enterprises (IEs) across the social capital markets value chain. IIX has a network of +1000 impact investors with US$1 billion assets under management and +30,000 ecosystem partners from private, public and nonprofit sectors. In recognition of its work to build inclusive markets and drive the global sustainable development agenda, IIX has won multiple awards: Oslo Business for Peace Award 2017, G20 Summit Market Builder of the Year Award 2017, Asia Game Changer Award 2016, among others.
For more information, please visit www.iixglobal.com.
About a career with IIX:
You will join a highly effective team that provides you with an un-paralleled hands-on exposure to the Impact Investing and Social Finance space. You thrive in tackling development issues and excel in creating solutions using structured strategies and unprecedented programs that address and solve the world’s most pressing problems, from food security to inclusive finance to clean energy. You aim to become a global development leader who has a passion for international development and to get involved in work that makes a difference.
When you join IIX as an Associate or Analyst, you embark on a rewarding career where we are heavily invested in your professional development, as we will build on your strengths and help you gain new skills with training, coaching, encouragement and guiding you in the right direction. It is a value addition to advance your career, providing you invaluable exposure to the rapidly growing impact investing space.
You WANT to instigate change.
As a successful team member, you should be:
- Mission driven: Commitment to social finance and impact investing as a path to unlock society’s potential to effect social change is essential for a happy and successful tenure at IIX.
- Results oriented: At IIX, we manage toward impact maximization and produce measurable returns. These results strengthen the ecosystem and transform existing realities by helping impact enterprises magnify their impact and scale.
- Resourceful: While IIX is a seasoned stakeholder in the impact enterprise and impact investing space in Asia, we pride ourselves on creating opportunities. Being resourceful and skilled at mobilizing human, financial and political resources to achieve IIX’s mission is a key part of the role.
Some of our clients include foundations such as the Rockefeller Foundation and Bank of America-Merrill Lynch Foundation, corporations such as Standard Chartered Bank and KKR, international non-profits such as Oxfam and World Vision, multilateral institutions such as the Asian Development Bank, UN Agencies such as UNDP, and government agencies such as USAID and Sida.
IIX is currently developing various funding vehicles, following the successful Women’s Livelihood Bond (WLB) in July 2017, to provide financing to IEs and microfinance institutions (MFIs) in Asia.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The credit analyst will provide support to monitor the performance of existing bond instruments. This will include liaising with borrowers to monitor financial performance and compliance with covenants as well as the preparation of quarterly and annual financial reports for submission to investors and program partners. The credit analyst will track and assess the borrowers’ performance and share accurate results and frequent progress updates with investors and partners.
In addition, the credit analyst will support the structuring and development of subsequent bond instruments and other funding vehicles that IIX may develop, while also contributing to IIX’s other areas of work.
Duties related to subsequent bond instruments may include:
- Perform credit analysis on IEs and MFIs shortlisted as potential borrowers under the Sustainability Bonds program. Provide financial analysis and full credit reports on selected IEs and MFIs.
- Check and ensure the accuracy of the financial information provided by the potential candidates for financing
- Assist the team in raising and structuring credit facilities and /or investment capital for IEs and MFIs through participation in the transaction process
- Contribute to other strategic initiatives and organization-wide operational efforts of IIX, such as partnership and/or product development
The position will be based in Singapore.
- Minimum 3-4 years of combined experience as a Credit Analyst in a financial institution or an international accounting firm, or similar experience in, a management consultancy firm or a similar type of private sector experience.
- MBA or graduate degree, with a business, finance or accounting major preferred.
- Strong financial analysis and investment structuring skills
- Ability to prepare written memos and reports fluently in English
- Ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner, both written and oral
- High comfort level working in a relatively flat, non-hierarchical environment
- Experience living and working in different cultures, particularly in Asia. Time spent in developing countries is an advantage.
- International development and/or impact enterprise or MFI experience
- Academic or professional experience with IIX sector specializations (including renewable energy, sustainable agriculture, inclusive finance, technology access, rural healthcare services, education)
- Fluency or proficiency in one or more regional languages
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com; a writing sample is optional. Qualified candidates will be considered and contacted by a member of the IIX team for interviews. IIX is an equal opportunity employer.