IIX is a Singapore-based organization with a mission to provide Impact Enterprises (IEs) in Asia greater access to capital, allowing them to more rapidly expand the impact of their activities. IIX offers three investment platforms — Impact Accelerator, Impact Partners and Impact Exchange. Impact Accelerator provides seed-stage IEs with mentorship and private capital through a structured and customized process over a period of about 8 months. Impact Partners is Asia’s largest private placement platform for impact enterprises, connecting carefully screened IEs seeking investment capital with impact investors. IIX also recently announced the launch of Impact Exchange, operated by the Stock Exchange of Mauritius in collaboration with IIX. Impact Exchange is the world’s first “social stock exchange”, dedicated to listing and trading securities issued by mature IEs and other socially-driven organizations.
Through its investment platforms, Impact Accelerator, Impact Partners and Impact Exchange, IIX connects IEs with Impact Investors that value the social impact these IEs create. IIX benefits Impact Investors by giving them access to a group of investment-ready IEs with strong corporate governance practices and a commitment to transparent reporting of both financial and social results, and by providing a source of liquidity.
For more information about IIX, please visit www.asiaiix.com.
The three main areas of work at IIX Asia are Corporate Finance, Business Development, Capital Markets.
Candidates who apply, must be able to commit full time for a minimum of 8 weeks or part time for at least 2 full working days a week, over 3 months.
Please note, all our apprentice positions are unpaid.
We are currently looking for Undergraduate or Masters/MBA students who can support the Corporate Finance or Business Development teams.
As part of the Corporate Finance Team:
- The successful candidate will assist the Impact Partners team to conduct impact enterprise and investor outreach. This will include direct engagement with investors, high-net worth individuals and banks, so fluency in finance is needed.
- This individual will also work with and assess impact enterprises to prepare them for Impact Partners listing (examining financial reports, business plans, understanding capital needs), guiding them to be investor-ready and managing their capital raising process. This work will include financial modelling and analysis, process management and building trusted relationships.
As part of the Business Development Team:
- The IIX business development team initiates and cultivates important relationships and initiatives that will result in strategic partnerships. The business development team supports the development of new products, services and projects that IIX is researching and/or test-launching.
- Outreach to build a local and regional network of ecosystem partners who will contribute and support the long-term sustainability of IEs will also be a critical role. Demonstrated project and process management skills are required in this role. IIX’s business development team works closely with their counterparts at Shujog.
Some of the skills we are looking for are:
- Strong research, analytical and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite :Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Knowledge base in financial modelling and project management
- Strong writing skills
Interested candidates can submit their application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email, please submit your most updated CV, cover letter, a recent writing sample and the different areas of IIX you would be most interested to work in.
Why this is a green job
Apprenticeship at IIX and Shujog is an opportunity for students and recent graduates to experience impact investing and innovative financial solutions for development in the field. From its head office in Singapore to its various local country offices and collaborations with partners in Asia, IIX & Shujog offer an unmatched opportunity to participate in and contribute to positive social and environmental change throughout the region.