IIX brings +8 years of experience in building the impact investment ecosystem with a mission to impact 400 million lives by connecting the backstreet to the Wallstreet. IIX has a thematic focus on women empowerment, climate action and community resilience.
To date, IIX has mobilized US$75 million in impact investment capital for +35 Impact Enterprises (IEs) across the social capital markets value chain. IIX has a network of +1000 impact investors with US$1 billion assets under management and +30,000 ecosystem partners from private, public and nonprofit sectors.
In recognition of its work to build inclusive markets and drive the global sustainable development agenda, IIX has won multiple awards: Oslo Business for Peace Award 2017, G20 Summit Market Builder of the Year Award 2017, Asia Game Changer Award 2016, among others.
For more information, please visit www.iixglobal.com.
About a career with IIX:
You will join a highly effective team that provides you with an un-paralleled hands-on exposure to the Impact Investing and Social Finance space.
You thrive in tackling development issues and excel in creating solutions using structured strategies and unprecedented programs that address and solve the world’s most pressing problems, from food security to inclusive finance to clean energy.
You aim to become a global development leader who has a passion for international development and to get involved in work that makes a difference.
When you join IIX as an Associate or Analyst, you embark on a rewarding career where we are heavily invested in your professional development, as we will build on your strengths and help you gain new skills with training, coaching, encouragement and guiding you in the right direction.
It is a value addition to advance your career, providing you invaluable exposure to the rapidly growing impact investing space.
You WANT to instigate change.
As a successful team member, you should be:
- Mission driven: Commitment to social finance and impact investing as a path to unlock society’s potential to effect social change is essential for a happy and successful tenure at IIX.
- Results oriented: At IIX, we manage toward impact maximization and produce measurable returns. These results strengthen the ecosystem and transform existing realities by helping impact enterprises magnify their impact and scale.
- Resourceful: While IIX is a seasoned stakeholder in the impact enterprise and impact investing space in Asia, we pride ourselves on creating opportunities. Being resourceful and skilled at mobilizing human, financial and political resources to achieve IIX’s mission is a key part of the role.
Some of our clients include foundations such as the Rockefeller Foundation and Bank of America-Merrill Lynch Foundation, corporations such as Standard Chartered Bank and KKR, international non-profits such as Oxfam and World Vision, multilateral institutions such as the Asian Development Bank, UN Agencies such as UNDP, and government agencies such as USAID and Sida.
Duties and responsibilities:
As an analyst with our Corporate Finance Team, you will have the following responsibilities:
- You will assist the team to source and evaluate IEs to build a healthy pipeline in the key sectors and geographies, and in screening IEs on investment readiness criteria
- You will assist the team in providing technical assistance to selected IEs to get them investment-ready. This includes examining financial reports, building financial models, drafting business plans and structuring capital needs.
- You will provide crucial support to the team on Investor outreach to expand its investor database
- You will assist the team with preparing for IE showcases (events where IEs pitch to a live group of accredited investors), which includes preparing collaterals and logistics
- At least undergraduate degree in Business Management or a similar field, with a minimum of 1 year experience in a similar field. Fresh Graduates are welcome to apply.
- Strong analytical abilities, both qualitative and quantitative. Knowledge in financial modelling and analysis is required.
- Ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner, both written and oral.
- Entrepreneurial mindset; self-starter comfortable working in a dynamic environment.
- Professional communication skills in English; additional languages highly desirable.
- Desire to work in a collaborative, high-performing team environment, building relationships with other team members and managing a range of responsibilities.
- Must be a team player, with a passion for entrepreneurship and market-based solutions to poverty, and an understanding of the challenges of investing in the markets we serve.
- Positive and self-motivated attitude.
- Must be experienced and comfortable working in Word, Powerpoint, and Excel.
- Availability for travel.
- Fluency or proficiency in one or more regional languages
- You should be highly motivated to work in a collaborative, high-performing team environment, building relationships with other team members and managing a range of responsibilities and take ownership of the tasks assigned to you.
Start date: Immediate
Submission: Please submit a cover letter, a resume and your college transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org; a test on technical knowledge will also be required if you are shortlisted. Qualified candidates will be considered and contacted by a member of the IIX team for interviews and discuss your skills, interest and experiences. IIX is an equal opportunity employer.