- Global giant in the solar sector
- Work covers Australia and SE Asia
- 1 year contract, can become FT
We are seeking a Corporate Counsel, to be based in Melbourne, on behalf of one of the world’s fastest growing solar companies. The successful candidate will be a lawyer who has 2 years’ PQE in either projects or project finance. Candidates with experience in energy and renewables, particularly with EPC and O&M; contracts experience will be highly regarded. However, a relevant commercial, corporate, resources, finance or construction/construction disputes background may also suit the brief. This is a 1 year contract position with potential to change to a full-time position.
- Responsibility for a wide range of legal affairs involving our Australia/SEA subsidiaries including supporting negotiating, drafting various documents and agreements;
- Management of contractual claims and disputes in our projects under construction;
- Regular and ad-hoc reporting and review of correspondence to contractors;
- Ensuring regulatory reporting and compliance to Australia/SEA regulatory framework;
- Assisting management with day to day queries in relation to employment, IP, corporate governance, establishing entities and other legal issues;
- Negotiating with external clients and business partners regarding contractual, legal and commercial issues;
- Liaising closely with external parties and other colleagues.
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 2 years of experience gained as a transactional lawyer from a top law firm or in-house legal department;
- PR visa or Australian Citizenship;
- Licensed to practice law in Commonwealth Countries, preferably Australia;
- Strong academic qualifications including a law degree from a renowned law school or comparable;
- Strong transactional experience;
- Ability to negotiate and draft project documents and other ancillary agreements, etc;
- Exceptionally strong commercial drafting skills;
- Proven experience in taking ownership and responsibility for contractual management and successful execution;
- Willingness to travel up to 5% or more of the time.
A competitive salary plus fully comprehensive benefits and performance bonus will be offered to the successful candidate. If you want to join a company with significant market share in Australia and Southeast Asia, please call Damian Penston in Sydney on 02 8243 0500 or submit your resume in MS word (not PDF) quoting #33836.