Hydroinformatics Institute specializes in cloud-enabled computing services for big water data. We develop, manage and execute projects across the hydrological cycle. We have an opening for a consultant with a strong IT skill set who will work on:
- Development of new online near-real time Operational Management Systems (OMS) for inland and coastal water management.
- Develop data analysis and web-based visualization tools.
- Install, deploy and configure various software components.
- Investigating, diagnosing, and solving software faults.
- Planning and undertaking scheduled software updates and configuration patches over live systems with minimal downtime.
- Perform security review and audit activities and implement follow-up actions in highly secure IT environment.
- Managing and processing large hydrometeorological data sets.
- Performing database housekeeping and maintenance.
We are looking for candidates with following skill set:
- Strong XML knowledge, strong experience in editing XML documents, working with XSD schemas
- JBoss application server (pref. versions 4 and 7)
- Apache Tomcat 7 JSP container
- Understanding of databases and basic knowledge in SQL
- Basic Windows administration (user accounts, services, file system, Firewall), preferably Windows Server 2008R2/2012
- Basic Java programming (coding, deployment with Apache Ant or/and Maven)
- Familiar with Red Hat Linux family (Red Hat/CentOS/Fedora)
- Linux command line tools (bash scripting)
- Application/library installation on Linux, including building open-source tools from source code (compiling, deploying)
- MS SQL server administration