South Pole’s climate experts provide advice to corporations, governments, development banks and cities on the design, implementation and monitoring of policies, programs, projects and green financing solutions, as well as the use of existing and upcoming market-based instruments, to tackle the challenge of climate change mitigation.
To support the growth of our global business we are currently looking for a professional to join our Consultancy team and work with our large number of prestigious public sector clients.
You will be an essential team member responsible for supporting the successful implementation of consultancy mandates in the Thai public sector, essential to expand our business in the country.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Support the design, planning and implementation of public advisory projects, including site visits, attending meetings and writing reports
- Management of small internal project teams for specific advisory projects
- Support the Key Account Management team with business development activities in the public sector in Southeast Asia
- Coordinate the organization of events, meetings and workshops in Thailand
- Topics of engagement may include: Energy & Climate Finance, Sustainable Cities, Carbon Market Instruments, as well as implementation and financing of Climate Policies
- Bachelor degree ideally in Environmental Sciences, Engineering, Finance, Economics or related disciplines
- A Master degree is an asset
- At least 1 year of relevant work experience related to carbon markets, climate policy and/or climate finance
- Experience working in small teams, ideally within an international and multicultural context
- Demonstrable interest in working on climate change mitigation projects, programs or instruments across sectors and technologies, especially in Southeast Asian countries
- Excellent oral and written command of Thai and English is a must
- Advanced skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint is essential and proficiency in further data or modelling software is desirable
- Thai nationality or holder of a valid work permit is a must
- Excellent team spirit
- Be part of a growing and multicultural company with a real purpose
- Work autonomously as well as within a large and international team of experts
- Attractive remuneration package and a clear career development potential as part of the Consultancy team