IIX brings +9 years of experience in building the impact investment ecosystem with a mission to impact 400 million lives by connecting the backstreet to the Wallstreet. IIX has a thematic focus on women empowerment, climate action and community resilience.
To date, IIX has mobilized US$75 million in impact investment capital for +40 Impact Enterprises (IEs) across the social capital markets value chain. IIX has a network of +1000 impact investors with US$1 billion assets under management and +30,000 ecosystem partners from private, public and nonprofit sectors. In recognition of its work to build inclusive markets and drive the global sustainable development agenda, IIX has won multiple awards: Oslo Business for Peace Award 2017, G20 Summit Market Builder of the Year Award 2017, Asia Game Changer Award 2016, among others.
For more information, please visit www.iixglobal.com.
About a career with IIX:
You will join a highly effective team that provides you with an un-paralleled hands-on exposure to the Impact Investing and Social Finance space. You thrive in tackling development issues and excel in creating solutions using structured strategies and unprecedented programs that address and solve the world’s most pressing problems, from food security to inclusive finance to clean energy. You aim to become a global development leader who has a passion for international development and to get involved in work that makes a difference.
When you join IIX, you embark on a rewarding career where we are heavily invested in your professional development, as we will build on your strengths and help you gain new skills with training, coaching, encouragement and guiding you in the right direction. It is a value addition to advance your career, providing you invaluable exposure to the rapidly growing impact investing space.
You WANT to instigate change.
As a successful team member, you should be:
- Mission driven: Commitment to social finance and impact investing as a path to unlock society’s potential to effect social change is essential for a happy and successful tenure at IIX.
- Results oriented: At IIX, we manage toward impact maximization and produce measurable returns. These results strengthen the ecosystem and transform existing realities by helping impact enterprises magnify their impact and scale.
- Resourceful: While IIX is a seasoned stakeholder in the impact enterprise and impact investing space in Asia, we pride ourselves on creating opportunities. Being resourceful and skilled at mobilizing human, financial and political resources to achieve IIX’s mission is a key part of the role.
Some of our clients include foundations such as the Rockefeller Foundation and Bank of America-Merrill Lynch Foundation, corporations such as Standard Chartered Bank and KKR, international non-profits such as Oxfam and World Vision, multilateral institutions such as the Asian Development Bank, UN Agencies such as UNDP, and government agencies such as USAID and SIDA.
IIX’s Capital Markets team is currently developing various innovative financial vehicles, following the successful Women’s Livelihood Bond (WLB) in July 2017, to provide financing to Impact Enterprises across the world.
Duties and Responsibilities:
IIX is seeking a mission driven, results oriented, and resourceful Capital Markets Consultant to be based in Singapore. The Consultant will join a highly effective, hands-on team responsible for designing an innovative financial mechanism to provide underserved women with access to affordable healthcare in the US.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Research the women’s healthcare landscape in the United States (with a focus on identifying systemic gaps faced by low-income and rural women in California and the Southern States)
- Map the funding needs of organizations focused on women’s health issues (with a focus on non-communicable diseases such as breast cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes and maternal health)
- Assess the different funding vehicles currently available (including key terms) to identify key investment barriers and opportunities
- Design an innovative financial mechanism for women’s healthcare in the US and a universal health outcome measurement framework
- Contribute to other strategic initiatives and organization-wide operational efforts of IIX, such as partnership and/or product development
Duration: The duration for the position is ~3 months (with the potential to work on other bond issuances)
- MBA or graduate degree with a finance or business major (preference for academic background in public health)
- +3 years of experience in management consulting or investment banking (preference for additional experience in or exposure to the healthcare industry)
- Strong research and analytical skills with the ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner, both written and oral
- Proven ability to think of out of the box and develop creative solutions to problems with no precedent to follow
- High comfort level working in a relatively flat, non-hierarchical environment
- Strong writing skills and finance skills
- Work and/or educational experience in the US
- Good understanding of the impact investing space
- Experience in international development and/or impact investment is preferred
- Experience working and/or living in the United States is an added advantage
- Time spent in working on issues affecting underserved women (low-income, rural, minority)
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com; a writing sample is optional. Qualified candidates will be considered and contacted by a member of the IIX team for interviews. IIX is an equal opportunity employer.