Marine Stewardship Council
Job Title: Communications and Marketing Manager
Attractive remuneration package
Permanent Full Time, Monday to Friday
Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) operates the world’s most recognised fisheries certification and eco-labelling programme. We celebrate, promote and add value to sustainable fisheries and through the leadership of our partners, create market incentives to encourage other fisheries to improve the way they fish the oceans. Over 300 fisheries around the world, landing 12% of the annual global harvest, are now engaged at some stage of the MSC’s independent assessment process. MSC certified and labelled seafood products are now available in over 100 countries.
The position available is for a Communications and Marketing Manager, South East Asia and Hong Kong with Marine Stewardship Council (Singapore). He/she will have the exciting and challenging role of helping to take the MSC’s message to new and existing audiences. The person will report to Program Director and work closely with the communications staff across the Asia Pacific regional offices (Australia, China & Japan) and Global headquarter in London.
- Developing the MSC’s events programme in line with the Marketing and Communications strategy and plan
- Establish an appropriate social media presence and develop an annual plan of social media content and activities. He/she is required to source, write, edit and post effective, on-brand content for the new MSC social media platforms
- Assist in identifying and reaching out to potential MSC ambassadors, in close coordination and alignment with MSC’s global ambassador strategy. Scoping potential for joint communications work to support the MSC’s mission
- Write and distribute news releases, drafting articles, placing editorial and identifying appropriate forward features. Building relationships with trade, national and regional media contacts
- Develop and direct measurable multi-channel, multi-partner promotional and marketing campaigns consistent with global direction. Identify and develop partnerships and celebrity / ambassador engagement to boost the MSC’s profile and engagement with key audiences.
- Singapore national only
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role, preferably with responsibility for managing and/or operating complex communications projects with multiple partners
- Strong team work and good interpersonal skills
- Good writing skill in English and fluent in English and Cantonese
- Event planning and management experience
- Experience managing and creating social media and web content.
- Experience of preparing publications for print, including writing a brief, commissioning design, artwork and print, liaising with suppliers.
- Experience in engaging and building relationships with external media bodies, both proactively and reactively, including media crisis management.
- Good network within the media sector in South East Asia & Hong Kong
- Some travel in South East Asia and Hong Kong
Application process: Please email the following material to email@example.com
- A cover letter outlining how your skills, experience and knowledge directly address the responsibilities and requirements detailed in the job specification, which constitute the position selection criteria.
- A copy of your current CV.
Please ensure that they are sent as Word or PDF documents with the titles “[your name] cover letter” and “[your name] CV”.
The subject of your email should read: Communications & Marketing Manager (Singapore)
NOTE: Applications must be received by the closing date/time 04/05/2017 at 5pm (SGT).