CDP is seeking a highly motivated self-starter to join its Cities, States and Regions team to support and expand climate change data disclosure from city and regional governments across Asia Pacific in 2018 and related projects. This is a six-month full-time contract position (5 days per week) based in CDP’s Hong Kong office, with the possibility of further extension.
CDP is an international, not-for-profit organisation providing the global system that enables companies, cities, states and regions to measure and manage their environmental impacts. CDP’s vision is to seea thriving economy that works for people and the planet in the long term. To do this, CDP focusses investors, companies and cities on taking urgent action to build a truly sustainable economy by measuring and understanding their environmental impact.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with the Cities, States & Regions team to prepare and drive the engagement of city and regional governments in Asia Pacific on climate change disclosure;
- Supporting city and regional governments through the CDP disclosure process, including delivery of webinars and presentations;
- Supporting the Cities, States & Regions Lead, Asia Pacific and the wider team on relevant projects, partnerships, research and events.
Required skills and experience:
- At least 2-3 years professional experience in climate change, environmental, sustainability or local/regional government roles;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Fluency in English and preferably one other Asian language (e.g. Bahasa Indonesian, Vietnamese, Thai, Chinese, Japanese);
- Knowledge and interest in urban climate change mitigation and adaptation issues;
- Strong attention to detail and process, in addition to organisation and time management skills.
- Experience working collaboratively with a range of teams and external stakeholders, liaisingacross different time zones, teams, and cultures within the organisation.
- Competency in computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM software) and proven ability to learn and become proficient in new IT systems quickly.
This is a full-time fixed contract role based in CDP’s Hong Kong office. Interested applicants must be eligible to work in Hong Kong.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV and a cover letter of no more than one page outlining your suitability for the role to Hanah Paik at email@example.com with the subject line ‘Cities, States & Regions PO, APAC’ by 2 April 2018. Early application is advised.