Eco-Business is Asia Pacific’s leading independent media organisation dedicated to reporting on sustainable development and responsible business in the region.
Our online marketing tools deliver local and international brand building, lead generation, and sophisticated thought leader positioning for our clients. These include sponsored content, banner advertising, EDMs, annual site partnerships, event coverage, e-newsletters, social media campaigns, video marketing, and custom publishing.
We offer research and consulting services that help businesses gain a deeper understanding of their markets and the issues most relevant to them. We also provide content consultancy for sustainability-related events and organise bespoke high-level roundtables for our clients. These events enable progressive and open dialogue on targeted issues and give our clients vital personal contact with key industry stakeholders, enabling them to build influence and generate business.
We’re looking for a dynamic, target-driven B2B business development/sales professional to join our team and help drive sales and corporate partnerships for the company.
You will be selling our full range of products and services, including online marketing channels, multimedia content, bespoke events, research and consultancy.
The role will include taking over many existing client accounts - and making sure we maintain our company’s superb client retention record - as well as developing new business.
As this is a pivotal role with the company you must have a strong history of success in media sales, a passion for online media, and a keen interest in - and at the very minimum a basic understanding of - sustainable development and how it relates to the business world.
Required experience (to be discussed in detail at interview):
- Proven sales track record for a media organisation
- Production of high quality sales proposals
- Client account management & development (‘farming’)
- Managing business development campaigns (‘hunting’)
- Fast, accurate use of a CRM system for sales administration
- Proven ability to consistently hit sales targets
The following experience and talents would be useful:
- Selling content marketing solutions
- Inbound marketing
- Production of company marketing collaterals, for example, media kits
- Asian languages other than English
- Previous sales director or BDD experience
- Events experience (workshops/roundtables/conferences/etc)
- Selling and/or managing research projects
- Have a degree
- Have an excellent command of the English language
- Be extremely meticulous and able to spot the smallest of errors
- Be creative and resourceful
- Able to multi-task and cope with tight deadlines
- Be sociable and a team player
- Have a keen interest in business, sustainability and development issues.
- Be a quick learner, self starter, well organised and able to work at a fast pace.
- Have a relaxed phone manner, solid PC/CRM & internet skills, and a sharp eye for detail.
Some travel may be required occasionally. Knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop and HTML would be useful.
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter to Jessica Cheam, Editor and Founder, at email@example.com.
Why this is a green job
Eco-Business is Asia Pacific’s leading publication on cleantech, smart cities, responsible business and sustainable development. Our platforms include the award-winning Eco-Business.com news website which attracts up to 250,000 monthly visitors, and a weekly newsletter that’s emailed to 80,000 subscribers.