Do You Want to Grow Danish CLEANTECH Export to South East Asia?
- We are looking for a new business advisor.
The Royal Danish Embassy in Singapore is hiring an experienced Business Advisor to support Danish companies’ market access to South East Asia within water, energy and environment.
As Business Advisor, you will be based at the Royal Danish Embassy in Singapore as a part of the South East Asia Cleantech Industry Team.
The Trade Council, an integral part of the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, is represented in 7 of the 10 ASEAN countries. Our mission is to identify business opportunities for Danish export companies and help to grow their market shares. We connect companies to knowledge, talent and research while providing partnership opportunities and in-depth market insights within focus sectors in the entire region.
In 2007, Singapore identified cleantech as strategic growth sector. As a result, Singapore attracts many international companies within this field, who wish to establish a regional base. To support the growth, the Singaporean government has earmarked SGD 1 billion to develop cleantech solutions within the next five years. Furthermore, Singapore has renewed its ambition to become a Smart Nation. The country aims to use technology as the driver to improve its liveability - urban solutions are one of the key growth clusters.
These initiatives pave the way for Danish business opportunities across South East Asia and create a platform for Danish and Singaporean strongholds to partner.
As our new Business Advisor, you will possess a deep knowledge of the Singaporean as well as South East Asian markets. With ability to understand client’s needs, ambitions and requirements, your role is to:
- Identify business opportunities and maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Coordinate and manage all dealings with Danish accounts, including customer relationships, sales and post-sales activities.
- Expand and leverage on your strong network within the cleantech segment.
- Work closely with colleagues at other Danish embassies in South East Asia to enter into dialogue with Danish accounts.
- Prepare and present business proposals of accounts to C-suits.
- Achieve and exceed KPIs and annual invoicing targets.
- Experience in a business development/account management role for either an IT or a cleantech company handing public and private sector clients.
- Good understanding of business streams and eco-systems.
- Good communication skills, creative thinking and self-motivated.
- Well-connected with C-levels in public and private sector in preferably both Singapore and Denmark.
- High data discipline and a team player.
Do You Want to Work for Denmark?
The Royal Danish Embassy in Singapore totals 12 staff dealing with bilateral, commercial and consular collaboration between Denmark and Singapore. Our services include public affairs and export promotion services to Danish companies, as well as consular help and passports to the Danish community and visas to foreign nationals who want to visit the Nordic countries.
Our work environment offers a high degree of independence, flexibility and responsibility in an informal, international setting.
- A full time position in a dynamic work environment with high degree of responsibility (40 hours).
- Competitive salary and health insurance package.
- Competence development programs tailored to the position.
Application & Deadline
Cover letter and resume no later than Friday 25 May 2018 to email@example.com with subject of mail: “Application for Cleantech Business Advisor, Your Name”.
You must be able to provide a clean certificate of criminal record. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Meet Us Here