Impact Investment Exchange Asia Pte Ltd (“IIX”) brings +8 years of experience in building the impact investment ecosystem with a mission to impact 400 million lives by connecting the backstreet to the Wallstreet. IIX has a thematic focus on women empowerment, climate action and community resilience. To date, IIX has mobilized US$75 million in impact investment capital for +35 Impact Enterprises (IEs) across the social capital markets value chain. IIX has a network of +1000 impact investors with US$1 billion assets under management and +30,000 ecosystem partners from private, public and nonprofit sectors. In recognition of its work to build inclusive markets and drive the global sustainable development agenda, IIX has won multiple awards: Oslo Business for Peace Award 2017, G20 Summit Market Builder of the Year Award 2017, Asia Game Changer Award 2016, among others.
To know more about IIX, please visit www.iixglobal.com.
About a career with IIX:
You will join a highly effective team that provides you with an un-paralleled hands-on exposure to the Impact Investing and Social Finance space. You thrive in tackling development issues and excel in creating solutions using structured strategies and unprecedented programs that address and solve the world’s most pressing problems, from food security to inclusive finance to clean energy. You aim to become a global development leader who has a passion for international development and to get involved in work that makes a difference.
When you join IIX as an Associate or Analyst, you embark on a rewarding career where we are heavily invested in your professional development, as we will build on your strengths and help you gain new skills with training, coaching, encouragement and guiding you in the right direction. It is a value addition to advance your career, providing you invaluable exposure to the rapidly growing impact investing space.
You WANT to instigate change.
As a successful team member, you should be:
- Mission driven: Commitment to social finance and impact investing as a path to unlock society’s potential to effect social change is essential for a happy and successful tenure at IIX.
- Results oriented: At IIX, we manage toward impact maximization and produce measurable returns. These results strengthen the ecosystem and transform existing realities by helping impact enterprises magnify their impact and scale.
- Resourceful: While IIX is a seasoned stakeholder in the impact enterprise and impact investing space in Asia, we pride ourselves on creating opportunities. Being resourceful and skilled at mobilizing human, financial and political resources to achieve IIX’s mission is a key part of the role.
Some of our clients include foundations such as the Rockefeller Foundation and Bank of America-Merrill Lynch Foundation, corporations such as Standard Chartered Bank and KKR, international non-profits such as Oxfam and World Vision, multilateral institutions such as the Asian Development Bank, UN Agencies such as UNDP, and government agencies such as USAID and Sida.
We are looking to expand our team and bring on board dynamic individuals who are excellent communicators, critical thinkers and effective doers who naturally builds relationships that lead to results.
We have a small and energetic team, and this is a roll-up-your-sleeves kind of role. You should be a resourceful problem solver who knows how to push the envelope and embrace new challenges. As a member of our dynamic team, you will help implement international development programs, contribute to research and advisory pieces, liaise with donors, manage short-term projects, organize stakeholder gatherings, expand/gain field experiences, and cultivate stakeholder relationships.
The positions will be based in our Singapore headquarters.
To be a successful Associate with IIX, you should have:
- At least 3+ years of relevant work experience.
- International development experience: Experience working in or with an internationally focused foundation, corporate foundation, non-profit, or bilateral or multilateral donor is preferred.
- Operational experience: Experience working in or with growth-stage enterprises, ideally as an entrepreneur.
- Masters in Business Administration or Masters in Public Administration/ Policy or PhD from a top university with excellent academic record
- Demonstrated technical expertise and professional experience working in one of IIX’s five priority sectors: energy, agriculture, water, health, and education.
- Experience in fund-raising and winning advisory assignments
- Field level development work experience, preferably in Asia and the Pacific.
- Positive and self-motivated attitude.
- Excellent proficiency working in Word, Powerpoint, and Excel.
- Availability for travel.
Submission: Please submit a resume, cover letter, your college/university transcripts and a one-page writing sample to email@example.com. Qualified candidates will be considered and contacted by a member of the IIX team for an interview to discuss your skills, interest and experiences. You will also be requested to complete a writing exercise. IIX is an equal opportunity employer. Only candidates who are excellent writers, critical thinkers and energetic team players will be successful at IIX.