We are seeking a progressive, creative and ambitious leader to join our team of sustainability change-makers in Singapore. This role is an exciting opportunity to help accelerate our impact in driving systems change in Singapore and the wider region.
Among the focuses of the Associate Director is to grow our program of 1:1 partnerships with pioneering businesses and organizations that are working to transform the way we work, live and consume in support of a just and sustainable future.
Our ideal candidate:
- You have at least 10 years of experience driving change for sustainable development outcomes within the private or non-profit sectors. Preference will be given to individuals that have worked in a consultancy capacity with business, and/or have helped to grow a small organisation to the next level of scale, as we aim to do in this region
- You are passionate about enabling a just and sustainable future and have ambitious, creative and innovative ideas for getting there. You actively follow the latest innovations, trends and are passionate about system change
- You have an understanding and experience of systems thinking and applying it in practice to complex challenges
- You enjoy business development, and you are good at it. You feel at home at a sustainability conferences, brainstorming ideas about new projects, and ideally have a proven track record of turning these ideas into sustainable revenue
- You have a strong track record of managing teams. People learn from you, but what they like best is that you are a supportive partner and accelerate their growth and impact
- You have worked in at least one of the challenges that Forum for the Future APAC is actively driving change (food and agriculture, technology, energy, and the circular economy)
- You are strategic, able to diagnose complex sustainability problems and partner with the right people to drive solutions. You have strong facilitation skills to ensure you create a shared vision and strong buy-in along the way. Just as you craft strategy for individual projects, you are always looking for strategic solutions for the organizations you are a part of
- You have the unique ability to thrive in matrixed organizations as well as entrepreneurial environments - bringing the best of a global organization to a new, local market. You like the challenge of growing a small organization and don’t mind getting your hands dirty
- You have strong financial and project management skills with a proven track record of managing income and keeping projects to budget and on time
- You don’t mind travel. This role will take you across the APAC region up to 30% of your time, though some international travel may also be required including Forum’s annual staff meeting held in London.
Full details can be found here -