- Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Reports to: Yumi Fujita, Manager, Research Products
- Location: Tokyo
- Start date: January 2017
POSITION PURPOSE & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
We are expanding our Tokyo office and building a research team. As a member of that team, you will provide ratings, rankings and analysis of the ESG performance of companies, allowing asset owners, investment managers and other stakeholders to incorporate extensive ESG and sustainability information into their investment processes. You will also help build Sustainalytics’ business and brand in Japan through client-facing and other external activities. Come grow with us!
- Research, analyze and rate the ESG performance of companies and prepare profiles to be published in Sustainalytics’ Global Access portal;
- Research and track ESG trends and issues across multiple sectors;
- Participate in quality assurance and best-of-sector analysis;
- Deliver client projects and respond to client queries;
- Attend client and prospect meetings;
- Contribute to the development of intellectual capital and thought leadership through report-writing and public-facing activities
- Graduate degree in related discipline (business, finance, environment and/or social science);
- At least five (5) years of relevant work experience;
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the financial services industry and SRI/RI market;
- Equity research background considered an asset;
- Excellent research, analytical and writing capabilities;
- Strong public speaking skills;
- Management experience and/or desire to grow into a management role;
- Alignment with Sustainalytics’ mission, vision and values;
- Meticulous and attentive to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Resourceful and independent;
- Proficient in both English and Japanese;
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel;
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, citing “Tokyo AA – your name” in the subject line. All applications will be treated with the highest level of discretion and will be accepted until 28 October 2016.
Sustainalytics thanks all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Sustainalytics accepts applications directly from applicants only; no employment or recruitment agencies, please.
Why this is a green job
Sustainalytics supports investors around the world with the development and implementation of responsible investment strategies. The firm partners with institutional investors, pension plans, and asset managers that integrate environmental, social and governance information and assessments into their investment decisions.