Last year, WWF launched a new strategy that harnesses the strengths of the WWF network in a shared vision, focussing on six major goals - water, wildlife, the ocean, climate and energy, forests, and food – and three key drivers of environmental problems – markets, finance and governance.
In support of this strategy WWF undertook a redesign of its international secretariat that will further unite WWF offices and its near 6,400 staff around the world. This will help WWF to build stronger partnerships across the world with government, business, civil society and individuals. Together, we will deliver on WWF’s ambitious goals.
We are recruiting the role of Application Developer, Web Applications for our International Secretariat to help us achieve our new ambitious goals, and build a future where people live in harmony with nature.
WWF International in Singapore.
- Delivers technical solutions (Web Applications) based upon specifications prepared by business systems architect.
- Ensures all technical delivery is fully documented.
- Work with the Global Technology Platform Delivery Manager to ensure smooth transition of new products into production.
- Helps develop training and coaching materials as required.
- Provides second line technical support of the Global ICT web applications platform, supporting first line help desk.
- Contribute to identifying and planning improvements to the applications.
- Development, testing and support of online applications.
- Testing and integration of third party solutions with OneWWF / intranet platform.
- Ensure all solutions developed and integrated meet the security standards required by WWF.
- Gain sign-off for system changes following technical and user acceptance testing, ensuring that all requirements have been met.
- Provides support and assistance for the implementations of any new systems and and/or 3rd party solutions.
- Collaborate within the Global ICT team and with the Tech and Apps team as appropriate to deliver streamlined and consistent applications.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
- Must have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems.
- Minimum three years of experience in developing, testing and providing technical support for web based applications.
- An in-depth, practical knowledge of the Google Apps platform including the use of API’s
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience in web development.
- Experience in PHP frameworks, like Laravel, is essential.
- Knowledge of front-end frameworks, like Angular JS, is a plus.
- Knowledge in server technologies such as Apache, Shell access and Linux commands.
- Strong problem solving skills with minimal guidance.
- Good documentation skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with offices across time zones.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Very strong project management skills :
- Ability to plan and meet aggressive deadlines, attention to detail, and perform with a high level of accuracy.
- Must be able to work independently, and function well as part of a distributed team.
- Excellent communication skills are must, with the ability to clearly communicate technical issues to a less Technical audience
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
How to apply?
Upload your covering letter and CV on LinkedIn as one file. We will not accept applications without CV and Covering Letter.
Work permit restrictions may apply.
Deadline for applications: 29th March 2017
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.
Why this is a green job
WWF’s mission is to stop the degradation of our planet’s natural environment, and build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature. To achieve this, we work with our many partners to save biodiversity, and reduce humanity’s impact on natural habitats. We strategically focus on conserving critical places and critical species that are particularly important for their habitat or for people.