The Youth Environmental Summit (YES) 2016 is the first summit organized by the Parenting Group Shanghai, with support from Green Initiatives and the Indian Association (IA) Shanghai. The summit aims to sensitize young children on environmental issues and empower them to be responsible future leaders.
Active participants are children in the age group 11-15 years. They will bring their individual perspectives on environmental challenges and solutions through short, informative presentations developed under the guidance of their parents. This will facilitate increased bonding through working for a common, meaningful cause.
Presentations would be judged by a distinguished group of jury chosen from Shanghai’s environmental community, including educational institutions and the corporate. Keynote presentations by influential thought leaders and passive participation of smaller age groups through creative activities, video screenings, quizzes and workshops will be other highlights of the summit.
The entire activity has been designed to be interactive, engaging, educational and impactful.
Let us start nurturing responsible future leaders!
- 10:00-11:00 Event registration, initial set of workshops and art exhibition
- 11:00-11:15 Introductions by Parenting Group, Green Initiatives and Consulate General of India in Shanghai
- 11:15-11:30 Keynote presentation
- 11:30-12:30 First set of presentations (6 participants, 8 min each)
- 12:30-13:15 Lunch break and networking
- 13:15-13:25 Short film screening
- 13:25-14:00 Second set of presentations (4 participants, 8 min each)
- 14:00-14:30 Sustainability-themed quiz/workshop with the audience (format tbc)
- 14:30-14:45 Award ceremony for winning presentations
- 14:45-15:00 Closing remark
Note For Participating Students:
- There will be a registration fee of ¥50 accompanying all applications. Payments may be made at this link.
- Application form may be accessed and filled at this link.
- Completely filled-in application forms with video urls need to be submitted before 12 August, 2016.
- Short introduction video (about 1-minute) is mandatory. Entries without a video will not be accepted.
- Only those applications for which payment has been received shall be considered.
- Registration Opens: Monday, 11 July 2016
- Last Date for Registrations: Friday, 12 August 2016
- Announcement of Selected Candidates: Monday, 22 August 2016
- Preparation & Training of Selected Candidates: 26 August - 10 September 2016
- Final Presentation/Event Date: Saturday, 17 September 2016
For any other questions or enquiry contact Nidhi Sharma by email, or call +86 152 1438 9141