The Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ) Graduate Diploma in Process Technology (Sustainable Manufacturing) is a joint initiative by the Singapore Institute of Manufacturing Technology (SIMTech) and the Singapore Workforce Development Agency (WDA) to provide fundamental training on sustainable manufacturing.
The programme consists of five modules covering
- Carbon Footprint Quantification & Reduction
- Eco-design for Green Products
- Evaluate Materials for Environmental Sustainability in Manufacturing
- Evaluate Energy Efficiency and Use of Alternative Energies in Sustainable Manufacturing
- Recover and Recycle Material Resources in Manufacturing Process.
It will be conducted through a series of lectures, hands-on exercises and case studies by experienced industry specialists and SIMTech researchers. Participants will be awarded the WSQ Graduate Diploma in Process Technology (Sustainable Manufacturing) upon completion of all five modules, or with Statement of Attainment for completing selected individual modules.
Global warming, depletion of natural resources, and pollution have been recognised as major threats to human beings and our society. Major countries are pushing forward legislations on carbon tax or cap-and-trade mechanism as the means to achieve the greenhouse gases (GHG) reduction targets. The implementation of such legislations will directly affect the bottomlines and competitiveness of individual companies.
While an international agreement and legislations are yet to be finalised, major companies in the world have already set up their GHG targets for implementation. Wal-Mart has announced its Sustainability Index in July 2009, giving preference to goods that have lower GHG emissions, energy and material consumption, or use more renewable resources. Samsung Electronics announced in the same month to reduce GHG from its manufacturing facilities by 50% and cut total indirect GHG emissions from all products by 84 million tons by 2013. This course aims to train Managers, Engineers and Executives in the manufacturing companies to reduce and manage emissions, waste and toxicity in manufacturing, and hence strengthen their competitiveness in global market.
Who Should Join
This course is designed to provide the Directors, Managers, Engineers, Researchers and Technical Staff in the manufacturing industries and those embarking on sustainable manufacturing knowledge, techniques and skills for addressing the fundamental issues, strategies and applications in sustainability manufacturing.
When & Where
Commencement date :
- 2 September 2013 for the Full Graduate Diploma course
- Monday and Wednesday from 6.30pm to 9.30pm
- For individual module, please refer to module brochure (click here)
- Singapore Institute of Manufacturing Technology, 71 Nanyang Drive, Singapore 639075
- One-year part-time course consists of 5 course module
- Singaporeans and Permanent Residents can enjoy 70% funding from Singapore Workforce Development Agency (WDA)
- $15,000.00 for Full Diploma (Before GST & Funding)
For more information, please visit http://www.simtech.a-star.edu.sg/SMC
For enquiries, please email : email@example.com