Since 2008, the SWITCH-Asia Programme has been supporting 16 grant projects in the wider textile and garment sectors in Asia’s developing countries, with interventions ranging from CSR to cleaner production, product labelling and certification. This is a sector of high economic, social, health and environmental relevance for both Asia and the EU.
This Regional Roundtable and Networking Event will bring these projects together to share their best practices with an audience of local, Asian and European policy-makers, experts and practitioners. It will support the SWITCH-Asia projects in sharing their achievements and sustainability actions and contribute to shape policies and strategies towards a sutainable development of the garment and textile sectors in the Region.
This event will present and discuss:
- Sustainable supply chains
- Opportunities and challenges for a sustainable garment and textile sector in Asia
- Industry best practices with a potential for replication in Asia
- The role of consumers
- Sustainable competitiveness strategies at the regional level
- The relation between the garment sector and sustainability, CSR and social development.
Additionally the event links with the current plan of the European Commission to launch a EU flagship initiative on responsible management of the supply chain in the garment sector in the context of the European Year for Development 2015.
2. PARTNERS & SUPPORTING ORGANISATIONS
This event is hosted by the SWITCH-Asia Network Facility in coordination with the European Commission’s Directorate-General for International Cooperation and Development (DG DEVCO) and EU Delegations in Asia, in association with ILO Myanmar Liaison Office.
Click here to download the agenda of the event.
4. WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This event is designed for:
- SWITCH-Asia Programme representatives
- Asian policy-makers
- Garment industry (business associations, manufacturers, importers)
- Research and education representatives
- Civil society
To register for this event, fill in this registration form before March 6, 2015. You will then receive a confirmation from the SWITCH-Asia Network Facility. Please note that due to limited room capacity, priority will be given to representatives and stakeholders of the SWITCH-Asia Programme.