* SCEM PDUs and PE PDUs to be awarded
Laboratories are unique in terms of their usage and high energy consumption. Optimising energy efficiency in laboratories requires a much greater effort that has to be balanced with safety considerations. Laboratory controls are key to ensure safety and sustainable operations. This seminar will cover lab design for energy efficiency along with best practices in operation and control. Using case studies of existing lab facilities, this seminar will uncover methodical approaches to ensure safe, smart and sustainable laboratories. Some specific topics such as ventilation controls, lighting strategy, risk assessment and control methodologies will be covered in more details.
- Ways to integrate demand approaches into lab design
- Strategic planning to reduce energy through control algorithms
- How to enhance the lab performance during operation
- Cultivate “Good Practices” in HVAC and lab design
PMEs (i.e. Laboratory/Facility Managers, Academics, M&E consultants) who are currently employed in Construction, Real Estate Management & Maintenance and Laboratories industries, and whose work focuses on design, installation, test, commission, inspection & maintenance of laboratory systems.