Green ingredients are gaining popularity, however their use in cosmetic formulations continues to bring technical challenges. This new Masterclass gives an update on the range of green ingredients available to cosmetic formulators and tackles the major formulation issues. The Masterclass comprises a morning seminar programme that highlights developments in green ingredients and an interactive workshop that looks at innovations using green actives.
Morning Seminars: Advances in Green Ingredients
The first part of the Masterclass highlights some of the major developments in green ingredients. Details are given of new preservative, emulsifier and surfactant systems, thickeners & stabilisers, as well as marine ingredients for personal care applications. What are the technical issues of using such new materials, and how do they compare with those in conventional cosmetic formulations?
With many brands grappling to meet natural & organic cosmetic standards like Cosmos, details of the formulation issues of adopting popular standards. Another seminar provides the latest data on the global market for natural & organic cosmetics: what regions are showing the fastest growth, and what country markets are most prospective for exporters?
Interactive Workshop: Innovating with Green Actives
This workshop looks at how brands can innovate using green active ingredients. Details are given of the various types of green actives available to product developers and formulators. The technical issues involved in using green actives in cosmetic formulations will be discussed. Practical advice and guidance is given to companies looking to formulate green cosmetics that meet popular standards.
Questions addressed by this workshop:
- How could green actives be classified?
- How are green actives spurring innovation in skin care, hair care and other products?
- How are technological advances leading to the emergence of new green actives?
- What is the stance of the major certification agencies towards green active materials?
- What developments are occurring in sustainable extraction and processing methods?
- What are the most popular functions of green actives in personal care applications?
- Why are the safety, stability and technical issues when using green ingredients?
- What guidance can be given to companies looking to innovate using green ingredients?
- What is the outlook for green actives in personal care formulations?
Workshop Leader: Ms. Judi Beerling, Technical Research Manager at Organic Monitor. Ms. Beerling is a Chartered Chemist with over 30 years experience in cosmetic formulations and innovations. She regularly provides technical advice & guidance to companies on natural & organic cosmetic technical issues and formulations.
Delegates: The masterclass will be attended by cosmetic brand owners, product developers, formulators, ingredient suppliers and industry organisations.
Registration: Masterclass Fee Normal rate *Early-booking rate Full day programme EUR 499 EUR 449 Morning / afternoon session EUR 299 EUR 269
* Early-booking discount (10%) is available until 6th June
The registration fee is inclusive of delegate packs and networking lunch.
The masterclass has capacity of 50 delegates so advance booking is strongly recommended.
Venue:The Masterclass will be held at Trocadero Business Center, located conveniently in the heart of Paris.