Given the introduction of the Carbon pricing mechanism on July 1 2012, it is imperative for local government to develop business processes to manage their new obligations.
Operating a landfill site is one of the greatest carbon challenges for local government. Landfills currently account for approximately 60% of local governments’ total GHG emissions.
This conference will cover strategies for effective measurement and modelling of landfill carbon emissions. It will provide case studies on mitigation measures to manage carbon emissions and corresponding liabilities.
- Ensure future carbon emissions remain below the threshold
- Examine the implications of waste diversion
- Implement successful risk management models
- Ensure ongoing compliance with obligations under the carbon price legislation
- Explore effective landfill pricing models
- Assess whether the CFI is appropriate for your business strategy