ISO 50001 Lead Auditor Training is designed to give you the relevant skills and knowledge to carry out audits of Energy Management Systems (EnMS). This five-day course provides an opportunity for both Environmental and Energy management professionals to update their skills in interactive and supportive surroundings.
Objectives: On course completion you will be able to:
- Explain the purpose of ISO 50001 and the benefits to an organization of using the Standard
- Outline key concepts and approaches to an energy management system
- Describe, with reference to Plan – Do – Check – Act cycle, the structure, scope and purpose of ISO 50001
- Outline key ISO 50001 definitions and terminology
- Briefly summarise relevant energy management legislation
- Identify sources of law and sources of information on energy management legislation
- Describe the principles, processes and techniques used for the assessment of risk and the significance of these in all energy management systems
- Outline and interpret the requirements of the ISO 50001 management systems specification in the context of an audit
- Effectively plan and conduct an audit of the management and operation of an organization in accordance with the requirements of relevant EnMS audit criteria
- Report the audit, including writing valid, factual and value-adding nonconformity reports
- Undertake audit follow-up activities, including evaluating the effectiveness of corrective and preventive action
This course comprises lecture and workshop exercises. Participants are expected to possess a basic knowledge of energy management systems or ISO 50001 before attending the course. This course is accredited by Internal Registry of Certified Auditors (IRCA).