WHY YOU NEED TO ATTEND
Singapore’s 3rd Green Building Master plan and upcoming versions of the BCA Green Mark scheme will place greater emphasis on a building’s carbon footprint embodied in its use of building products/ materials. SGBC’s Singapore Green Building Product (SGBP) labelling scheme will be supporting the changes to the BCA Green Mark scheme by including the carbon emissions of building products as a key criterion for assessing the environmental performance of products.
Jointly organised by SGBC and BCA’s Centre for Sustainable Buildings and Construction (CSBC), the course is specially designed for the Building Industry. It provides an in-depth understanding of the carbon footprint of a product and will impart the skills to enable participants to undertake a carbon footprint assessment of their products competently.
Delivered through both classroom and hands-on practice, participants will learn robust and reliable methodologies in compliance with international standards to effectively communicate a product’s environmental performance.
- Become skilled in Carbon Footprint (CFP) Assessment
- Quantify CFP of buildingproducts
- Save costs through more efficient use of energy and materials
- Identify environmental hotspots affecting company’s bottom-line
- Enhance business competitiveness
- Prepare for compliance with ISO standards
The course will be conducted over the following days:
5, 6, 27 Oct & 3 Nov 2015 – 9.00am to 5.00pm
13 Oct & 11 Nov 2015 – 9.00am to 1.00pm
Training Venue M2 Academy, 218 Orchard Road #09-00 OrchardGateway@Emerald
- The course fee is $4,000 before WDA funding & GST
- Singaporeans and PRs are entitled 70% funding of course fee from WDA
- Enhanced SME funding support of 90% of the course fee available for companies with at least 30% local shareholding AND annual sales turnover of <$100 million or with less than 200 staff strength
For enquiries, please contact: