WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND I-CARE
As Singapore targets to reduce carbon footprint by 30% by year 2030, more and more companies are required to make CSR report to the authorities while others are leveraging on carbon footprint reduction as their branding strategies to differentiate themselves from their competitors.
This course aims to equip participants with knowledge and hands-on skills to establish goals and scope of carbon footprint assessment, model life cycle activities within a system boundary, and define business facilities and operations to identify emission source and sinks. In addition, this course helps companies gain greater awareness of environmental impact in relation to their products.
Delivered through both classroom lectures and hands-on tutorials, participants will learn robust and reliable methodologies in compliance with international standards to effectively communicate a product’s environmental performance.
BENEFITS AT A GLANCE
- Acquire skills in Carbon Footprint (CFP) Assessment
- Ascertain existing environmental hotspots that are affecting company’s bottom-line
- Achieve material and energy efficiency through reduction of waste/wastage at source
- Access to mentorship in developing own company’s carbon report summary
- Attain business competitiveness through the development of carbon footprint reduction strategies
COURSE SCHEDULE (Batch 6) *Confirmed
- Lectures - 20 & 21 Mar 2017 (9.00am to 5.00pm)
- Tutorials - 29 Mar 2017, 5, 12, 19 Apr 2017 & 5 May 2017 (6.00pm to 9.30pm)
- Presentation - 12 May 2017 (9am to 1pm)
- Seminar Room 2, Level 6, Kinesis Bldg (2, Fusionopolis Way. S138634. Next to One North Circle Line station)
- S$4,000 (before WDA funding) plus GST
- 70% funding by WDA available to all eligible Singaporeans and PRs
- Up to 90% funding (Enhanced SME funding support) available to companies with at least 30% local shareholding AND annual sales turnover of $100 million or with less than 200 staff strength
- GST payable is based on full course fee of $4,000 and Not covered under any funding
For enquiries, please contact the respective personnel:
- Course Syllabus - Dr Song Bin (6319 4437, Bsong@SIMTech.a-star.edu.sg)
- Registrations - Mr Larry Lim (6419 7435, Larry-Lim@SIMTech.a-star.edu.sg)
March 20, 2017 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
March 21, 2017 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
March 29, 2017 6 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
April 5, 2017 6 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
April 12, 2017 6 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
April 19, 2017 6 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
May 5, 2017 6 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
May 12, 2017 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.