With effect from 1 January 2016, all companies listed on The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong will be required to comply with the Environmental, Social and Governance Reporting Guide (ESG Guide) or publically justify why they do not.
This one day course will explain each aspect of the ESG Guide and its implications for businesses. You will be provided with practical and easy-to-use tools to help you start ESG reporting, with an emphasis on developing the information and data collection process. Workshop exercises will enable participants to understand how to identify the ESG issues that are most important and relevant for your company. This course will help you learn how to deliver your sustainability message effectively to support business objectives and the value the reporting process can bring.
This course draws on CSR Asia’s experience of producing over 50 ESG reports for companies with operations in Hong Kong and China.
- The “Who, What and Why” of ESG reporting
- The value and drivers of ESG reporting
- An overview of all the elements needed for a successful report
- ESG Guide linkages to international reporting standards and to the Companies Ordinance
- The ESG reporting process as a strategic tool
- Sustainability context
- Stakeholder engagement - workshop exercise identifying key stakeholders
- Materiality – workshop exercise identifying relevant ESG issues for disclosure
- Management approach (strategy, goals and targets)
- Performance data
- Nuts and bolts of information and data collection for reporting on ESG general disclosures and KPIs
- Examples and case studies of reporting best practice
Fee and discounts:
Fee: USD400 / HKD3150
CSR Asia Strategic Partners and NGOs are entitled to 20% discount on training fee.
Organisations registering at least 3 persons are entitled to 10% group discount on training fee.
The CSR Asia Strategic Partner and NGO discount cannot be combined with group discount.
The CSR Asia Strategic Partner training pass is eligible for this training.
Registration and enquiry:
To register, click here.
For enquiries, please contact Vicky Chan at email@example.com