In our regular monthly session of Green Drinks, Founder of Eco WALK the Talk, Bhavani Prakash looks at the issues behind GM food.
Bhavani will cover the following topics in her presentation, based on her discussions and interviews with leading GM experts in India, Malaysia and Canada:
- What are the safety concerns surrounding GM foods and do we need improved labelling in Singapore?
- What are the possible GM foods we may be consuming unwittingly in Singapore?
- What are the ecological impacts of GM based agriculture?
- What is biopiracy and what are its implications for food security and livelihoods of farmers?
- Does GM ameliorate climate change, or is it a myth?
- Can Organic Farming feed the world?
We hope to see you there!
Date: 28 April 2011
Time: 7.30pm – 9.30pm
Venue: Helipad, #05-22 The Central, 6 Eu Tong Sen St
How to Get There
MRT – Get on the Northeast Line and disembark at Clarke Quay MRT Station
Bus – These buses get you there: 2, 12, 33, 51,54, 63, 80, 124, 145, 147, 166,197, 61, 190, 851, 961, NR 1, NR 2, NR 3, NR 5, NR 6, NR 7
Take the glass lifts beside the concierge (located at the entrance facing Swissotel Merchant Court), and get off at the 5th floor.
About Bhavani Prakash
Bhavani Prakash is the founder of ecowalkthetalk.com, an environmental advocacy website which covers various environmental issues in Asia, and green networking site which focuses on individual action. Bhavani graduated from the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta and and University of London, and blogs extensively about climate change and other environmental issues. This ranges from biodiversity, organic farming, climate change and a range of other sustainabilty topics. She is the author of an e-book called “A Quicklist of 1001 Steps to Save the Planet” for individuals to take action at home and the workplace, and to influence the community, businesses and governments.
Green Drinks Singapore