The construction industry is one of the largest economic activities contributing to India’s development. India has been witnessing tremendous growth in building and construction sector for the past 5 years.
With the increase in income levels, there are also changes in the life styles of various sections of the society. While this is a healthy trend, it is putting enormous pressure on the resource demand - like energy, water, materials, etc.
The stakeholders of the industry have a vital role to play in preserving the environment. The Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) was formed in the year 2001 to address many of these aspects. The vision of the council is `To usher in a green building movement in the country and to facilitate India become one of the world leaders in green buildings by 2015’.
With a modest beginning of 20,000 sq.ft of green footprint in the country in the year 2001, today over 1,724 Green Buildings with a Footprint of over 1.2 Billion sq.ft are being constructed all over India.
The Council’s activities have enabled a market transformation with regard to green building concepts, materials and technologies. The projected market potential for green building material and technologies is estimated to be 100 billion USD by the year 2012.
To advance green building movement in the country, IGBC is organising India’s flagship event on green buildings, Green Building Congress 2012 at Hyderabad, India
- Expose the participants to the latest global trends in green buildings
- Exhibit green building products and technologies
- Provide a platform for networking
- Facilitate exploring new business opportunities
- Enable market transformation of green products and equipment
- Over 2000 Delegates
- Over 100 Exhibitors
- Over 5000 Footfalls
- Participation from Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Jordan, Malaysia, Nepal, Netherlands, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Srilanka, Thailand, UK & USA
- Builders & Developers
- Government Representatives
- Educational Institutions
- Energy Modelers
- Electrical Consultants
- Green Building Facilitators
- Green Poduct / Equipment Manufacturers
- HVAC Consultants
- Interior Designers
- International Agencies
- Landscape Consultants
- Lighting Consultants
- Plumbing Consultants
- Project Management Consultants
- Town Planners