ESG Issues on the Board Agenda—Regulatory and Investor Focus on Corporate ESG: New and Upcoming Regulatory and Market Developments; Board and C-Suite Focus.
A not-to-be-missed Comprehensive Briefing and Expert Commentary For Public Companies, Boards, Investors, Advisers, Analysts, Risk Managers, Policymakers, Regulators, and NGOs
Please join us for this highly informative and educational 90-minute online live Webinar. An international roster of experts will cover key global ESG regulatory and market developments, and ESG reporting issues and challenges, that all board and c-suite executives should be considering NOW to respond to new regulatory requirements, new investor expectations, and new competitive pressures. In addition, our speakers will reveal what is on the drawing board for ESG regulation and ESG capital market investment internationally.
A live Q&A will give you the opportunity to ask questions directly of our speakers. All registrants, regardless of whether you can attend the live Webinar, will receive the Webinar recording and all Speaker slide presentation materials to review at your leisure.
Registration is now open. This event has limited capacity, so early registration is recommended. US$249 for U.S. registrants, US$259 for non-U.S. registrants; 10% discount for Eco-Business readers (Discount Code ECB10refid0614); contact us for 3-or-more group registrations.
Event Summary: http://www.cvent.com/d/64qx7p
Event Registration: http://www.cvent.com/d/64qx7p/4W
Mobile Event Summary: http://www.cvent.com/d/64qx7p?dvce=2
Mobile Event Registration: http://www.cvent.com/d/64qx7p/4W?dvce=2
Program and Speakers:
Topic 1: Increasing ESG Regulatory and Market Focus Around the World: New Developments and Initiatives
Linda Lowson, Esq., CEO, Global ESG Regulatory Academy™: International Legal and Regulatory Developments Overview (including APAC)
- New and emerging national securities and environmental regulation
- New and emerging stock exchange listing requirements
- Recent U.S. SEC developments
Alison Dempsey, Esq., Director of Research, Global ESG Regulatory Academy™: Market-Based Drivers Overview
- Investor focus: global trends in institutional and active investor scrutiny
- Voluntary reporting as the new baseline
Evan Harvey, Managing Director, Corporate Sustainability, The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc.
- CERES Proposed Listing Standards
- Sustainable Stock Exchange (SSE) Initiative Key Developments
- World Federation of Exchanges (WFE) Sustainability Working Group Developments
Topic 2: Increasing Investor Focus and Competitive Pressure: Board Oversight; Shareholder Resolutions and Proxy Voting; New ESG Indices and Ratings
Peter DeSimone, Co-Founder, Deputy Director, Sustainable Investments Institute (Si2).
- Board Oversight of ESG Issues: Key Findings of April 2014 Report published by Investor Responsibility Research Center Institute (IRRCI)
- Shareholder resolutions and Proxy Voting: Key Trends for the 2014 Proxy Season
Julia Kochetygova, Senior Director, Product Management, S&P Dow Jones Indices
- Overview of Role of Sustainability Indices from Investor Perspective; Historical Phases and Recent Trends.
- What New Sustainability Indices Mean for Boards.
- Conceptual Framework for New S&P Dow Jones ESG Tilted Indices.
Topic 3: Increasing Risk: New Financial Reporting Challenges
Cecilia Thorn, Head of International Relations, Financial Reporting Council
- 2014 EU Non-Financial Reporting Directive: Reporting Requirements and Impacts.
- Forthcoming European Commission’s ESG/CSR Initiatives on the Drawing Board for 2014.
Three reasons why you should attend this independent professional education on Global ESG Regulation and Reporting:
- Gain Essential Knowledge to Avoid Serious Liabilities: ESG regulatory and voluntary reporting are now strategic, stakeholder, and regulatory imperatives, and represent a whole new world of requirements and liabilities that is here to stay. This is the future of financial reporting, affecting every global capital market participant. Be proactive, not reactive, and you will reap the professional and financial rewards.
- Receive Important Guidance to Better Manage ESG issues and Fulfill Internal and External Stakeholder Expectations: Whether you are a C-Suite, Board Member, Finance, Legal, Audit, Risk,Compliance, Strategy, Sustainability, Analyst, Researcher, Asset Manager, or Asset Owner executive, our educational events provide expert knowledge, insight, and guidance at nominal cost, so that you can better understand and manage these two important reporting worlds for maximum benefit and efficiency.
- The Only Authoritative Source and Venue for Independent Professional Education on Global ESG Regulatory and Voluntary Reporting: We are the only independent provider of Global ESG Regulatory and Voluntary Reporting Education, and completed a comprehensive 5-year, US$5.5 million Global ESG Regulatory and Voluntary Reporting Research Program to develop the Knowledge Base that underpins our expert education.
Our previous WEBINAR SERIES are now available for a limited time on demand at a discount, with all Speaker slide presentations. Don’t miss them while they are still available.
- 2013 Annual Wrap-up: ESG Regulatory and Voluntary Reporting: Most Important 2013 Developments, Radar 2014, and Key Policy Issues
- Future of ESG Reporting and key actors: What You Need to Know About ESG Regulatory and Voluntary Reporting.
- SEC ESG Compliance—Where the Rubber Meets the Road: SEC ESG Requirements, Liabilities, and Challenges for Public Companies, Boards, Auditors, and Asset Owners and Managers.
Linda Lowson, Esq.