In view of the increasing competitive market, global economic climate and the rising cost of resources, productivity and sustainability has become of paramount concern of manufacturers. The proposed seminar will introduce Cryogenic Liquid Nitrogen (LN2) and Carbon Dioxide (CO2) assisted technology to assist manufacturers in 3 primary areas:
- Achieving higher productivity through reducing heat generation in cutting zone where high thermal influences in machinability effect tool life and surface quality in the manufacturing process.
- Reduction or substitution of the use of conventional liquid coolant as a cooling agent to possibly reduce the needs for costly conventional chemical rinsing, baking and drying secondary process.
- Increase productivity by improving yield of high value materials and products such as those in the aerospace, pharmaceutical, electronic, oil and gas industry where conventional cooling technology have been reported to be insufficient or in situation where liquid coolant is forbidden in contaminate free manufacturing process.
The objectives of this seminar are:
- Introduction the Cryogenic LN2 & CO2 assisted technology for higher machining productivity, sustainability in manufacturing and remanufacturing applications.
- Introduction to Cryogenic LN2 & CO2 collaborative industry projects under the productivity improvement adoption programme.
- Round table and feedback session on Cryogenic & CO2 assisted technology adoption.
- Programme Briefing by Dr Tan Boon Kiat
0905am Technology Presentation 1
- Green Machining Technology Trend by Dr Liu Kui
09.25am Technology Presentation 2
- Cryogenic Assisted Machining Technology by Dr Ampara Aramcharoen
09.50am Technology Presentation 3
- Cost and Sustainability Evaluation for Cryogenic & Carbon Dioxide Assisted Manufacturing by Mr. Tjandra Tobias Bestari, Mr. Peter Shi
10.10am Collaborative Industry Project Presentation
- Cryogenic LN2 and CO2 Assisted Manufacturing by Dr. Tan Boon Kiat
- CIP Structure and Funding Matters by Dr. Tan Boon Kiat
10.25am Tea break and Networking
10.45am Round Table Feedback Session 1
- Topic :What are the barriers and challenges you will face with adopting green manufacturing and the proposed Technology for your industry/company?
- Session Objective: Identify and classify issues, challenges and technological gaps faced in the industry pertain to the proposal technology.
11.35am Round Table Feedback Session 2
- Topic :What could we address together to solve these challenges in technology adoption to benefit the industry/company?
- Session Objective: Verify and adjust the technology development scope suitable for the different industry need
12.20pm Summary & Conclusion
12.30pm Networking Lunch
Who Should Attend
Senior management, managers & engineers from precision engineering, aerospace, electronics, pharmaceutical, biomedical equipment supporting industries, oil and gas industry.
This seminar is complimentary. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis. To reserve a place, please register online.
For industry enquiries
Dr Tan Boon Kiat, Remanufacturing Initiative Lead, Tel: 67938531, Email: bktan@SIMTech.a-star.edu.sg;
Mr Peter Shi, Tel: 67938515, Email: zfshi@SIMTech.a-star.edu.sg;
For technical enquiries
Dr Liu Kui, Scientist, Tel: 67938565, email : kliu@SIMTech.a-star.edu.sg
Dr Ampara Aramcharoen, Scientist, Tel: 67938417, email : Amparaa@SIMTech.a-star.edu.sg
For general enquiries: Ms Chloe Lim, Tel: 6793 8394; Email: email@example.com
Tan Boon Kiat