The CDL - GCNS Young SDG Leaders Award is a case competition that aims to nurture a new generation of young leaders to champion a sustainable future for Singapore and beyond. The aims of the competition are to:
- Educate and empower young leaders to be SDG champions
- Inspire Singapore companies to align their sustainability efforts with SDG
- Mobilise the youth and private sector towards achieving the global goals
Previously known as the CDL-GCNS Young CSR Leaders Award, the competition has nurtured over 1000 young leaders since it started in 2011. This year, aligning with the global goals for sustainable development, the Award seeks to educate and empower young leaders with SDG knowledge and skills, while inspiring companies in Singapore to take actions for the SDGs.
This competition is targeted at youths aged between 17 and 25 who are currently studying at Junior Colleges, Institute of Technical Education, Polytechnics, Universities and International Schools in Singapore.
Participating teams will submit a proposal based on the following assessment criteria:
- Analyse the company’s existing sustainability strategy, focusing on how the SDGs can be integrated into its operations and initiatives;
- Suggest how the company can better align their strategies with SDGs, as well as measure and manage their contribution to achieve these SDGs; and
- Identify at least 3 SDGs that are most relevant to the company and new opportunities / innovations to support the advancement of these identified SDGs.
Students simply have to form a team of 3 to 5 members and register at https://youngsdgleaders.com/ before 19 March 2018.