The Australian Regional Development Conference will be held in Albury, NSW on the 15 - 16 October 2014.
The Conference “Where to from Here?” will focus on the broad issues of economic, planning, environment and community development. The aim of the Conference is to advance economic and social outcomes for regional Australia and provide the opportunity to discuss the challenges, opportunities and future of regional Australia.
The Program will address:
- Economic development opportunities for business and job creation
- Social inclusion issues of unemployment; education completion rates, health delivery and community development
- Planning and building challenges of land use application, refurbishment and renewal in a regional setting
- Sustainability and liveable communities principles
- How to meet the challenging in uncertain times; climate change, population shifts, natural disasters, droughts, mining boom and agriculture adjustments
- Infrastructure challenges for freight to distribute products from regional Australia to urban and overseas export markets
For further information please visit the Conference website www.regionaldevelopment.org.au