The 4th Australian Regional Development Conference will be held in Coffs Harbour -11th - 12th September
Australia’s sustainability and future are reliant on the development of regional areas. Regional and Remote Communities know what they need, collaboration is key… doing what we have always done will not generate different results.
The conference will provide equal focus to the advancement of economic and social outcomes for Regional Australia – Economic, Planning, Infrastructure, Environment and Community Development.
Research has shown that the creativity, confidence and vision of locals, is central to a region’s successful development and growth.
How will significant policy changes in the United States and Great Britain impact opportunities in Regional Australia. Global uncertainty about economic policy is at record highs.
Concurrent session themes
- Engagement and innovation
- Natural resource management including water management
- Planning and building with focus on small inland town, regional cities and coastal developments
- Food and agriculture
- Tourism and events
- Renewable energy and energy supply
- Economic development of major regional industries including agriculture and mining
- Community service delivery with a focus on health, housing access, aged care and medical services
- Employment – job creation, skilled migration and unemployment
- Education and training – regional universities and vocational training
- Government – policy, funding and evaluation
- Infrastructure and transport – road freight, rail, shipping and ports, regional airports/airlines
- Digital – broadband technology
- Banking and Finance
The conference is an initiative of the Association for Sustainability in Business Inc., a non-Government not-for-profit organisation.