CSE is a leading accredited provider of Sustainability (CSR) Training and consultancy internationally.
CSE courses are accredited and approved by IEMA (Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment), the leading international membership-based organization for Sustainability Professionals with over 15,000 members based in 83 countries. Additionally, CSE is Green America Silver certified business, GRI (Global Reporting Initiative) stakeholder/Partner and Accountability registered consultant.
2 day training
(plus additional time for preparation of the assignment)
Who should attend?
- Sustainability, CSR Directors
- Health Safety and Environment Managers
- Public Relations, Communications Managers
- HR Managers
- Supply Chain , Operations managers
- Environment Executives
- Sustainability Consultants
Key modules to be covered:
For the past four years, more than 400 Sustainability Executives from Fortune 500 companies, Local Governments, and Academia have trusted CSE and participated in our advanced trainings to become Certified Sustainability (CSR) Practitioners under the accreditation of Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA). Organizations who have attended include Walmart, Walgreens, Blackberry, Nestle, Unilever, ABM, Lockheed Martin, Thomson Reuters, Baker Hughes, Noble Energy, United Airlines, Coca Cola, LBG, BP, University of Wisconsin, Standford University, KPMG and Heineken Group.
MODULE 1: Sustainability (CSR) and the Business Case for Adoption
- Sustainable Development and CSR: What Is and Isn’t Sustainability
- Definitions & Interpretations of the Four Elements of Sustainability (CSR)
- The Business Case for Sustainability (CSR)
MODULE 2: Current Global and Local Legislation for Sustainability and GHG Emissions
- Sustainability: Kyoto Protocol
- Corporate Governance and Sustainability
- Recent Sustainability Trends and Regulation
MODULE 3: Sustainability (CSR) Strategy and Global Standards, Guidelines
- Stakeholder Engagement and Strategy
- Social Return on Investment (SROI) and how to measure the impact of your initiatives
- Global Models and guidelines: Global Reporting Initiative (G4), UN Global Compact, ISO 26000, CDP and others
- How to integrate Sustainability in your organizations .Best Practices and Tips
- Case Studies
MODULE 4: Responsible Communication and How to Avoid Greenwashing
- What are ‘Green’ and ‘Cause-Related’ Marketing?
- Responsible Communication
- How to avoid Greenwashing
- Case Studies and videos
MODULE 5: The Importance of Sustainability in Supply Chain and Carbon Footprint Reduction
- Sustainability in the supply chain
- The Rise of the Carbon Footprint Reduction Strategy and What Can Organizations Do?
- CDP and Carbon accounting
- Product Life Cycle Assesment (LCA)
- Carbon Offsetting
- Case Studies and videos
MODULE 6: Sustainability and Integrated Reporting Based on GRI and IIRC Guidelines
- Understanding the importance of Sustainability Reporting
- How to Report and best practices
- G4 GRI Guidelines: Understanding the structure and fundamental concepts for Reporting and Materiality
- Integrated reporting and the IIRC guidelines
- Case Studies
MODULE 7: External Assurance and How to Communicate and Gain Credibility in your Report
- How to communicate your Sustainability Report
- The importance of External Assurance
- Assurance Process and Standards
MODULE 8:The Role of the Sustainability (CSR) Practitioner and Future Trends
(Prerequisite for becoming a Certified IEMA Sustainability Practitioner)
SUSTAINABILITY ON DEMAND COACHING…AFTER TRAINING (OPTIONAL)
CSE provides Sustainability on Demand One-To-One Coaching, supporting practitioners to apply the knowledge gained in the course to maximize value provided to their organizations. All you have to do is to check what option is more relevant to your needs.
Take advantage of a leading book on sustainability, entitled “Practical Sustainability Strategies: How to Gain a Competitive Advantage” (Wiley Publication) written by one of the course leading trainers, Nikos Avlonas
Green Event Policy
As part of our sustainability policy (since 2007), we calculate and offset the carbon footprint of all CSE events, including the travel of our attendees. Additionally, CSE is among the firstfirms in its sector to have published a Sustainability Report (since 2008). A prime example of ‘walking the talk’.