This complimentary webinar will focus on key findings from two new reports: “Sleeping giants of deforestation: the companies, countries and financial institutions with the power to save forests” by GCP’s Forest 500 and “Revenue at risk: Why addressing deforestation is critical to business success” by CDP’s forests program.
The webinar will discuss progress made by the corporate sector towards zero deforestation and how this impacts forest risk commodity supply chains (including palm oil, cattle products, soya, and timber products).
In addition panelists will also discuss what more governments and financial institutions can do to support and accelerate the implementation of these corporate commitments.
Innovation Forum’s Ian Welsh will be speaking to Marks and Spencer, BNP Paribas, Kepler Cheuvreux, Global Canopy Programme and CDP about the development and implementation of policies on deforestation.
The discussion will include questions such as:
- What are the risks, identified by companies, operating in forest commodity supply chains, and to what extent do companies recognise the opportunities associated with sustainable sourcing?
- Are company policies robust enough to meet high-level 2020 and 2030 commitments on deforestation?
- Are companies engaging with their suppliers to ensure their supply chains are free from deforestation and to encourage upstream change in business practices?
- To what extent are financial institutions putting in place policies that will encourage companies in their lending and investment portfolios to take action on deforestation?
The speaker panel includes:
- Sylvain Augoyard, corporate social responsibility, BNP Paribas
- Fiona Wheatley, sustainable development manager, Marks and Spencer
- Tom Bregman, project manager of the Forest 500, GCP
- Samuel Mary, senior sustainability research analyst, Kepler Cheuvreux
- Jillian Gladstone, senior manager, forests, CDP